NBI HUSTLE AND BUSTLE
Hello! I have found an inspiration in blogging again. This blog post contains my personal experience in getting NBI clearance (30% ) and my tips and warnings (70%) for first time NBI applicants.
Requirements for the NBI clearance
You have to be eighteen years old and above to be able to register and apply for an NBI clearance. Here you will see the list of valid id's that are recognized or accepted by the NBI
http://www.nbiclearance.com/nbi-clearance-requirements-never-ever-apply-for-an-nbi-clearance-without-these/. I would just have to clear that if you are going to use your school id, make sure that it is validated (showing current semester and current school year). And also, you will not just merely show or flash your valid id to the window teller of course they need the photocopy (back to back) of your valid id's. They just need one valid id photocopy.
Process
*I'll first talk about my experience. I went off to the Nova Robinson mall at 5:15am. I got there at around 5:45am. I spent 10 minutes in line and when I figured that they, the applicant, all have registered online I started feeling that there was something wrong. And so I went to the most front of the line and ask one of them if it's possible to process my nbi application there even without having an online registration. And I found out that "NO! as in Hindi pwede!!!!" So I went to the Quezon City Hall. I got there at around 6:10am in a bad mood. I realized that the applicants were cut-off. Meaning, they are not giving out forms anymore. So I went to the nearest computer online shop (just across the gate 5 of the QC hall. There I registered online and paid the fee at the nearest LBC) Having my registration form and the receipt of my payment I went to the line designated for ONLINE APPLICANTS). and the rest is history. hahahahaha.
There are two processes.
1. Personal registration
(STEP 1) Here, you wait for the distribution of the forms. It will be distributed by the guards at the qc Hall gate 5.
(STEP 2) Your form/information will be checked and your valid id (photocopy but still bring your actual id) *different line
(STEP 3) Pay the fee. Here you will learn how much is your fee depending on the purpose of your application
(STEP 4) Biometrics, Photoshoot (hahaha), fingerprinting *different line
(STEP 5) Releasing of NBI clearance another separated payment of 5.00. Why? I don't know. hahaha
2. Online Registration
You register and pay (through LBC or bayad centers) online. You will have the chance to set your appointment. It will be indicated there how many slots are still available for that day. *As for my experience,16 slots were just left on that day. so Thank God I made it during that time. Because if there will be no more slots available that day I would have to schedule the processing on the next day or other days.
Once you settle the form and payment you would have to fall in line. Good thing is that the line for applicant who registered online is shorter and faster. Once you get inside with your files stamped with a number, you have to accomplish steps 4 and 5. Here is when online applicants and personally registered applicant meet in line.
Time
For those who would like to register personally you have to time it with the distribution of forms. The guard stated that they distribute forms as early as 4am. Here's the crucial thing, they will just give out forms to the first 1,000 applicants. So even if it's still 5:30am if 1,000 forms have already been given out. They have to cut the line already.
If you go there and the line was already cut off then try to register online as long as the NBIwebsite indicates availability of slots that day then be assured that you will be entertained and be processed on that day (as long as you made it to the first 300 on the line of those who registered online). But consider my experience, I registered at 6:30am and that time they only have 16 slots left for an appointment that day. So imagine if you went there at 7am and tried to register online I can imagine that you will be scheduled on the next day already.
For those who registered online if you have appointment on that day but on a PM (afternoon) appointment please disregard the afternoon. Because for online applicants they will just process the first 300 applicants. Hence, as soon as the line for those who registered online reached 300 applicants, they will cut the line off.
*I can't speak on behalf of those who personally register so this is for the benefit of those who will register online.
*ONLINE REGISTRATION - 5 mins
*SECURING PAYMENT THROUGH LBC - 5mins
*FALLING IN LINE TO BE STAMPED
AND RECEIVE APPLICANT NUMBER - 30 mins to 1 hr
*LINE IN STEP 4 (BIOMETRICS PICTURE...)
- 4 to 5 hrs
- 4 to 5 hrs
*STEP 5 (RELEASING) - 1 minute
-if your name is not similar with anyone else then you will get it instantly on that day otherwise you will be scheduled to return after 4 working days.
Payment
For the purpose of local employment the fee is 115 pesos. If you register online and pay through LBC the fee is 140 pesos. Visit here to know more about the fees with regards to your purpose http://www.philippinegovernment.info/2011/03/how-to-apply-for-nbi-clearance.html . Additional fee of 5.00 pesos once NBI clearance is released. (why? I do not know) *So as for me I spent a total of 145 pesos for my NBI processing.
What I've learned
- You need a ball pen
- You need lots of Food
- I am not fond of drinking so it was not hard for me to not drink at that point. Why do I discourage drinking lots of water? Because you may need to pee. The rest rooms are far from the site and the lines for that are long as well.
- You can actually smile once they are taking picture for your NBI. I confirmed this by asking the window teller.
- Bring a lot of patience with you.
- From step 4 there is separate line for Pregnant, Senior citizen, PWDs and Government workers applicants. I tell you this line is way shorter!!!!
- Don't be discouraged with the announcement of the security guard some of them don't really know what they are saying. so just try and try until you succeed!
I hope this helps.
This has been Yours Truly,


No comments:
Post a Comment